Some job functions at The Ohio State University will be performed by lone workers. EHS has created a Working Alone Safety Program that applies to OSU employees whose job duties require them to work alone in any facets of their job(s).
Working alone describes situations during the course of employment when an employee is the only worker at the workplace and is:
• Not directly supervised by the employer
• Working at a site where assistance is not readily available
• In an area where direct contact with a co-worker or supervisor is not available
• In a dangerous area (either due to work processes or likelihood of being robbed)
• Traveling away from the base office to meet clients