Fume Hood Quick Facts
- You must have the sash opened no further then 16-17 inches above the air foil
- You must work 6 inches inside the cabinet
- Large equipment must be elevated 1-2 inches up
- Fume hoods must be certified annually by Facilities, Operation and Development to ensure proper working order
- Users must not block the baffles
- A training module is available for Fume Hood Safety under Training
- If the fume hood needs repaired or certified please contact Service2Facilies at 614-292-HELP or s2f.osu.edu.