Meet Justin Ellis
What is your official job title at EHS and a general description of your job duties?
- My official job title at EHS is Laboratory Compliance Officer. As a compliance officer my duties are to inspect research labs on campus and assist with radioactive waste removal.
When did you begin working for Ohio State?
- I began working at Ohio State back in 2012 as Hazardous Waste Specialist.
How long have you been with EHS?
- I’ve been with EHS for five years.
Why did you decide on a career in health and safety?
- I decided on a career in health and safety because I enjoy working with others and believe it’s important to maintain a safe work environment.
What is your favorite thing about Ohio State?
- My favorite thing about Ohio State is the people I work with. I work in a variety of settings here at the university so I’m always meeting new people and developing relationships.
What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
- Outside of work I enjoy playing sports and staying active.
What is your favorite: quote or TV show or movie or book?
- My favorite movie is "The Sandlot."