The Ohio State University departments of Facilities Operations and Development (Operations division) and Student Life are committed to providing a safe environment, all required personal protective equipment, and appropriate safety training. This commitment extends to protecting the environment for students, other university employees, and the community. Environmental Health and Safety helps employees have a safe and healthful work environment. The goal of this program is to develop behavior-based safety awareness to reduce accidents and occupational illnesses and to identify and control safety, health, and environmental hazards.
There is no job or task so important and no service so urgent that the time can’t be taken to ensure work is performed safely for all involved.
Learn more about the Facilities Safety Training program.
University staff are required to undergo facilities safety continuing education, in accordance with OSHA requirements.
Safety Meeting Resources
The following documents are a collection of fact sheets and toolbox talks that can help facilitate safety discussions during trainings and meetings.
- Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP) Rescue Plan
- Laboratory Entry & Maintenance Guidance Fact Sheet
- Heat Stress Toolbox Talk
- Electrical Safety Toolbox Talk
- Hazard Communication Fact Sheet
- Carrying Buckets Safely Toolbox Talk
- Ergonomics Know Your Body Toolbox Talk
- Managing Fatigue Toolbox Talk
- Lifting and Moving Toolbox Talk
- Personal Protective Equipment Training
Job Hazard Analyses
Facilities Operations and Development
- Building Systems
- Electrical and Electronic Systems
- Mechanical Systems
- Mechanical Systems Tunnel Team
- Renovation and Restoration