As part of Facilities Operations and Development, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) assists the university community in providing and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for students, faculty, staff, contractors, and visitors. EHS also works to protect the local community and environment from potential hazards on campus, and instills safety, health, and environmental stewardship in the work they perform.
Our vision is to protect human health and the environment by providing expertise and oversight promoting a culture of safety throughout the university community. We are here to help you be safe today and remain a Buckeye tomorrow.
Our mission is to foster safety and compliance, while supporting a healthy environment by providing quality resources and establishing trusted partnerships to the Ohio State University community.
- Service - Provide exceptional customer service to the campus community
- Community - Support the university mission of a diverse and inclusive environment
- Accountability - Accept responsibility for our personal and organizational actions
- Responsiveness - Provide quality service in a timely and professional manner
- Leadership - Demonstrate the university's core values and promote a culture of safety
- Education - Create a culture of safety by providing knowledge and training to the campus community
- Teamwork - Collaborate with all university groups for a common vision