Meet Seth Walker
What is your official job title at EHS and a general description of your job duties?
- I am the Public Safety Manager at the Wooster Campus and the Biosecurity Director for Ohio State.
When did you begin working for Ohio State?
- I started in January 2011, if you don’t count my time as a Resident Advisor during undergrad.
How long have you been with EHS?
- 8 years.
Why did you decide on a career in health and safety?
- It was an ideal combination of my background in microbiology and law.
What is your favorite thing about Ohio State?
- The diversity, of both the work and the people. Working in higher education, and especially at Ohio State, provides opportunities you won’t find elsewhere.
What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
- I keep a large garden and enjoy woodworking and spending time with my wife and two daughters.
What is your favorite quote, TV show, movie, or book?
- Quote – “This is chess; it’s not checkers.”
- TV Show – “Breaking Bad,” historical documentaries
- Movie – “Apocalypse Now”
- Book – “The Stand”